The foods that we eat and the beverages that we drink are always assaulting our teeth and leaving dulling residues and stains on them. Whitening is just as important as any other grooming regimen. Follow the tips here for an easier time getting your pearly whites, white. In addition to being a great source of vitamin C, lemons and oranges may be helpful in whitening your teeth. Some suggest that you take lemon or orange peels and rub them onto the teeth themselves. To improve the effectiveness of this technique, add a little salt to the inside of the orange or lemon peel. Get The Glowing Smile You Have Dreamed Of
Trick to consider:
- You can make a simple home remedy for teeth whitening by mixing table salt with lemon juice. This mixture can be stored and used for up to several months. Use this paste on your toothbrush just as you would regular tooth paste. This helps to break up tartar, which contributes to stains, on your teeth, providing a whiter surface.
- When you are going through a teeth whitening process, you may experience sensitivity. Sensitivity during the whitening is very common. The sensitivity should disappear within a day or two after the process is over. If you have continued sensitivity, you should consult with your dentist about the problem that you are having.
- To have a white smile, make sure you avoid drinking water or using toothpastes that contain fluoride. It has been reported that fluoride may aid in discoloring and permanently staining your teeth. Many countries have actually banned fluoride from their drinking water due to this very reason. To stay on the safe side, avoid fluoride at all costs for a healthy and white smile.
- For an accessible and efficient home whitening option, consider whitening strips. Simply leave the strip on your teeth for the amount of time suggested by the manufacturer. In spite of their popularity, whitening strips are not as efficient as advertised. Get The Glowing Smile You Have Dreamed Of.
- Buy a tooth whitening product that contains about 15% of the whitening agent. Too little of the whitening chemicals and the product will be ineffective. Too much, and your mouth may become irritated by the harshness of the chemical. Try out a mid-range product; if you tolerate it well and you aren’t getting good results, then move to a higher concentration.
- A great way to whiten your teeth is to use tooth whitening strips. Usually you will use these once or twice a day to both the top and the bottom. Leave it on for the appointed time then take it off. In a few weeks you should be a few shades whiter.
- To whiten your teeth on the go, try whitening strips. Available from many manufacturers in all price ranges, they really are one of the handiest ways of whitening your teeth while on the run. Apply the strips and wear while on your commute to work or out running errands with the kids and you’ll have white teeth without a lot of effort.
- If you have sensitive teeth, but still want to do some whitening, there are many toothpastes available for sensitive teeth that offer some whitening abilities as well. If you aren’t getting the results you want, try using a toothpaste made just for sensitive teeth for a couple of weeks before using any whitening products to desensitize your teeth so you can then use the bleaching product with ease.
- The chemicals that are used to help whiten your teeth can cause your gums and other soft tissues in your mouth to become irritated. These caustic chemicals can make your mouth feel like it is in a whole world of hurt. Make sure you talk to your doctor about any problems that you experience.
After visiting the dentist to have your teeth whitened, be sure to brush often, preferably after every meal. Bacteria will grow around your teeth when there is food caught around them. Bacteria can soften your teeth, which can make them more prone to damage and deterioration. Now that you can see just how easy it is to have a brilliant white smile, why wouldn’t you put forth the little extra effort to look great? If you follow the tips that were given here, you will have no problem keeping your teeth as white as they can be. Get The Glowing Smile You Have Dreamed Of