If you have ever had a bad hotel experience, you never want to experience that nightmare again. So here are some tips to help you find the right hotel and book a great room at a price that is sure to make you smile.To find the best deals on hotels consider a travel agent. Many times travel agents can find wonderful hotels at a great price. When booking with a travel agent, ensure that the agent knows both your wants and your needs. This will allow the travel agent to shop for both and offer you choices. Lets read which Hotels You Should Be Aware.
- To save money on a minibar or vending machine at a hotel, pack a cooler before you start out on your trip, and throw in some six-packs of soda or beer and a bottle of wine. When you get to the hotel, if you have a small fridge, you are all ready.
- Bed Bugs have become a problem at hotels in recent years, so upon entering your hotel room, check for signs of these critters. Check for stains on bedding and behind walls. If you notice any signs that point to the possible presence of bedbugs, request a different room. Bedbugs can travel home with you in your luggage, causing an unwelcome infestation in your home.
- When traveling with small children, try to choose a hotel that caters to them. Most hotels offer cribs. Some have playgrounds and/or pools to help keep your kids entertained. Some even offer or children’s programs during the day or babysitters at night. Many hotels do not charge extra for children under a certain age to stay in the same room with their parents.
- Make location a top priority when it comes to searching for hotels. If you are going to be staying in a city and want to sight-see, it may not be wise to stay in a hotel 30 minutes away from all the action. Ask the hotel about attractions close by or look up their location on the Internet.
How to choose:
- To keep your physical fitness going when you are on the road, when you check into a hotel, check out the fitness center. Even in gyms where you only see a treadmill or two and a set of dumbbells, you can still get in a bodyweight workout and a cardio routine. It may not be ideal, but it gets you through until you are back on your home turf.
- If you are planning to stay in a hotel for an entire week or longer, ask the hotel about long term price discounts. Hotels will often have weekly and monthly rates which are unpublished. These can offer significant price breaks for your hotel stay. Be sure to mention it upfront.
- Smokers should always learn the smoking policy at any hotel before they book a room. Some have smoking rooms. If this is what you’re looking for, inquire about these rooms. If you smoke in a room designated as non-smoking, a big penalty can come along with it.
- If possible, try to stay in a hotel during the off-season. Most hotels know how desperate people are to find a room during the travel season. They tend to jack up their prices because they know people are willing to pay for the room. If you go during the off-season, you will get big discounts!
- To keep from having a hassle with logging into the hotel’s Internet connection, ask at the front desk when you check in about any required passwords. This way, you can get up and running right when you get to the room, instead of having to hunt through the guest guidebook and call the front desk about a password.
To save money on your next hotel stay, try booking your room for a Sunday night check-in. Sunday nights are the slowest for hotels as weekend travelers are checking out at that time. You can often find great deals if you use this to your advantage, when hotels want more business.. As you know, staying in a bad hotel can ruin a trip. Whether it is business or pleasure, you need a hotel that makes you comfortable and fulfills your needs. So keep the tips from the article above in mind as you look for a hotel and you will quickly weed out the bad ones and find the one that is right for you.