Communicating with those interested in your niche is one way to take advantage of Facebook. Social media sites are very popular because people love to communicate with each other. You can use Facebook to get the word our about your business and what it offers. Give your Facebook page a really strong theme. Know what your about and deliver it in the graphics look of your page. Remember, you have one chance at making an excellent first impression on your new Facebook guests. To turn them into real fans, you’ve got to deliver from the first page load.
Tips to Consider:
- Try developing a group rather than a page. Groups are like little communities where your fans can interact together. You can have both a group and a page, the page for updates and the group for interactivity.
- Be careful of any images you post as ads, as only 20% of the image can be actual text. If you end up submitting an image which has more than 20% text, it will be rejected and you’ve wasted your time. Be creative and create an image which captures your audience’s attention.
- If you’re working on building your fan base, consider using “Like Ads”. These are ads that include a call to action to Like your page right from the ad itself. These ads seem to be just as effective in the News Feed as they are in the right column, so play with the placement.
- Do not post so much on your Facebook page that people will begin to feel too saturated by you. You want to give them something to think about, so let a little space flow in between each posting. Facebook recommends new page owners post no more than once or twice a week.
- Likes won’t pay your electricity bill, shares won’t bring home the bacon and comments won’t pay your employees’ wages. None of these things directly help you turn a profit. You can easily advertise on Facebook without ever investing in a Facebook business page, so consider other options and how much money they can make you.
- Never rely on anyone else’s advice as to when the best time for updating your page is. While a non-profit may find people are more charitable on the weekend, that doesn’t mean your customers aren’t actually checking out your page at work. Do your own research to figure out when you should be posting.
- Obviously, you are seeking to obtain more sales by marketing on Facebook. Setting monthly sales goals can guide your efforts. This will help you to increase the amount of money that you bring in. When you’re not getting results, change your strategy.
How to get an opportunity:
- Try posting to Facebook at different times during the day. If you have a habit of posting at the same time every day, you may not know if there are better times to get engagement. Every target audience is different, and what works for one time-wise might not work for another. Try posting at multiple times during the day to see when your audience is the most active.
- Never share updates that seem irrelevant to your own content. You may feel the temptation to discuss current events, or perhaps share personal anecdotes, but your fans may not care. Create a personal Facebook page on which to post other information.
- Always lookout for opportunities to show your leadership. Facebook can help you build your authority online in your niche. Seize all the opportunities available for commenting and answering questions that are related to your expertise. You will earn respect and admiration, which will in turn earn you more followers!
- Post status updates on a regular basis. In order for your page to be seen, you will need to post things, such as status updates. These status updates should be relevant to your company and not random things that your audience will not care about. Try to post something at least every day or two.
Make sure that your Facebook page has professional photos. They will really help raise the perception of your company. If you want to take photos that are personal, you need to use a camera that’s high in quality. Avoid posting something that makes people think negatively about your business. Are you ready for the new customers marketing on Facebook can bring you? Social media like Facebook is well loved, so you should use this to your advantage. Put the above advice to use and expand your audience.