As you can see from all the pink ribbons athletes and celebrities are wearing, breast cancer is still a huge issue that women of the world deal with. Not only breast cancer, but all types of cancer still continue to plague people.Watching your sugar intake can help prevent cancer cell growth. Since cancer cells require sugar for fuel, reducing the amount you eat, or eliminating it entirely can rob cancer of its energy source. This method in itself may not get rid of the cancer, but it is a good complement to other types of cancer fighting therapy.
Tips to consider:
- You can significantly reduce your risk of cancer with a healthy diet full of antioxidants, which help protect cells from damage that can lead to cancerous changes. Eat a diet rich in green, leafy vegetables, tomatoes, broccoli and blueberries as well as hundreds of other antioxidant-rich foods.
- When battling cancer you need to eat a healthy diet. The healthier you eat the better your body will be able to fight the cancer because it will have the fuel it needs to fight the hard battle and stay strong throughout the process. Vegetables and fruits are always good choices.
- When facing cancer, you should remember to anticipate physical changes. Cancer and cancer treatments such as chemotherapy will cause your body to experience changes, such as hair loss. Keeping these changes in mind will help you prepare for them in advance and remove any chances of being surprised by them. Find a patient physician who is willing to spend time discussing these matters with you.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help from family and friends. Pride may keep you from requesting aid, however, you may become weak when undergoing treatment. Your loved ones can do small chores and errands like shopping or cleaning the home. Just doing small tasks can ease your burden.
- Here is a preventative cancer tip that many people may not like: You should try to limit the amount of fatty meat and high fat dairy products you consume daily. These products can contain carcinogens that often accumulate in the food chain through animal fat, such as PCB and dioxins.
- If you know someone with cancer, listen to what they have to say. It may be difficult for you, but they need someone to listen while they express their feelings. Don’t interrupt them or try to offer advice; simply listen.
- Eating a balanced diet is a solid cancer-fighting tool to keep in your arsenal. Especially with colon cancer, diets that are high in fat and cholesterol have a direct correlation to cancer, so maintain balance in your diet to fight against this. High-fiber diets aid in the fight against cancer.
- Women hoping to prevent breast cancer should choose their physicians wisely. Always make sure to visit an expert in mammography. A start-up clinic or a medical professional straight out of school may not be your best option. Find someone with plenty of experience in the field to improve your chances of catching signs of cancer early.
- Whether you are healthy or stricken with cancer, the worst thing you can do is smoke. Do not smoke under any circumstances. Smoking is a known cause of cancer with 100s of carcinogens in a cigarette. Not only that, smoking can exacerbate cancer and its symptoms and make it worse.
- Try to stay at a healthy weight. Being overweight and inactive can increase your chances of getting cancer. Excess weight has far reaching consequences and losing weight will do much more than lower your cancer risk. It will also lower the risk of heart disease, diabetes, stroke, and premature death.
- The life you had before cancer may seem like a distant memory as the battle wages on, but always cling to your past to remind yourself of what you have to look forward to in the future. Keep old pictures and old videos around to remind yourself that cancer is not all there is in life for you. A positive view of the future is good for for your health.
Having a few options out there, whether dealing with prevention or treatment, or even dealing with yourself or your loved ones, is a great way to be fully prepared should cancer ever inflict its damage upon you. Make sure you’re memorizing these tips so that you can always use them to help.