In the world of mathematics, there are different types of angles depending upon the measurement and the names of basic angles are the straight angle, reflex angle, full rotation, acute angle, obtuse angle and several other kinds of related terms. The angle is considered to be the geometrical shape that has been formed by joining two lines at their endpoints and the angle will normally be measured in the form of degrees. There are different types of angles in the world of mathematics and they also form a very basic and important component of geometry in mathematics.
Different types of fundamentals eventually led to the formation of complex geometrical figures and shapes. Following are the basic parts of the angles:
- Vertex: This will be the point that will be making the arms meet at it.
- Arms: These will be the two straight line segments from the vertex
- Angle: This will be the ray if rotated about its endpoint then the measure of its rotation will be the angle between the initial and its final position.
The classification of the angles can be carried out depending upon the two main types which will be based upon the magnitude and based on the rotation. In the world of mathematics broadly there are five types of angles depending upon the direction and they have been explained as follows:
- Acute angle: This will be the angle that will lie between 0°-90° and in other words, this will be the angle which will always be less than 90°.
- Obtuse angle: This will be the angle that will be opposite of the acute angle and this will lie between 90°-180°. In other words, it can be considered as the angle greater than 90° in the whole process and world of mathematics.
- Right angle: This will be the angle that will be equal to 90° and any angle less than 90° will be the acute angle and any angle greater than 80° will be the obtuse angle.
- Straight angle: This will be the angle that will be 180° when measured and will be based upon a straight line.
- Reflex angle: This particular measurement of the angle will be greater than 180° but will be less than 360°.
- Full rotation: Angle which is equal to 360° will be known as the full angle or full rotation
The angles depending upon the rotation are categorised as:
- Positive angles: These will be the angles that will be measured in the counterclockwise direction from the base and in most cases, positive angles can be perfectly utilised in terms of representing the angles in geometry.
- Negative angles: Negative angles will be the angles that will be measured into the clockwise direction from the base and from the origin this particular angle will be drawn to words the plane which will help inform the negative angle in the whole process.
Also, there are several other kinds of angles which have been explained as follows:
- Complementary angles will be the ones that will be summed up to 90° and the supplementary angles will be the ones that will be summed up to 180°.
- Linear pair will be the pair of angles in which non-common arms of the adjacent angles will be opposite to each other and they will be extending into the opposite directions.
- Adjacent angles will be the ones that will be connected with the help of a common arm and one common vertex throughout the whole process.
- Whenever the two lines will be interacting with each other two pairs of vertically opposite angles will also be formed in the whole process.
Hence, being clear about different kinds of angles for example angles made by a transversal in the form of alternate exterior angles, corresponding angles and several other kinds of things is very much important for the kids so that they have a good command over the world of lines and angles in mathematics. Apart from this, depending upon the experts from the house of Cuemath is the best way of scoring well in maths exams.