Having moved far beyond just making phone calls, you can now surf the Web, take pictures, listen to music and sometimes even determine GPS coordinates. Keep reading this article to learn how to make the most of your cell phone. Sometimes signing a longer term contract is worth it to get the phone you want. Some providers will offer the best prices if you are willing to sign on for their service for a year or two. Just make sure you’re willing to commit to the contract, because ending the term early can cost a lot in penalties. Wondering How To Get The Most Out Of Your Cell Phone Try These Tips
Tips to Consider:
- Don’t waste money calling information. Try the free service at 1-800-411-FREE. This will allow you to get some information after you listen to an advertisement that’s brief. Wondering How To Get The Most Out Of Your Cell Phone? Try These Tips!
- Give your phone a reboot every one or two days. As you are constantly using features on your phone such as apps, email and browsers, your phone is storing cached information. Much of this data is unnecessary and can be purged through a reboot. This will free up system resources and clear potential glitches.
- Consider buying the insurance on your cell phone. This can save you money in the long run. If your phone is broken, stolen or in any way damaged, you will no longer be able to use it in most cases. This will require you to buy a new phone, and that can cost hundreds. Insurance allows you to buy a new phone for a discounted price, and that can be well worth the monthly investment.
- Understand your cell phone plan. These plans can be rather complex between data allowances, total talk minutes, text messaging, and international rates. Before you accidentally blast through an allowance and get charged more, know what you can and can’t do. This can save you a ton of money on the monthly bill.
- If you want to call someone and have the call go straight to voicemail without it ringing, you can use Slydial. This is a feature that eliminates the risk of someone answering your call. If a number has been calling you and you do not know who it is, this is a great service to employ.
How to buy:
- Consider cell phone plans that give you a decent amount of data per month. These days, cell phone users use data more than talk minutes. In fact a lot of carriers give away a ton of talk minutes, but charge you a premium on the data you use. Look for the best bang for the buck when it comes to data.
- Watch your battery power usage. Watching movies and videos drain your battery very quickly. So does listening to music. If you want to do these things with your phone, make certain that you have an unlimited data plan and always keep a charger nearby. This helps to ensure that you do not lose service.
- Even if you have generally stayed with the same manufacturer of phones, never hesitate to look around to others. You might be used to a certain kind, but you should expand your horizons. Taking a look at other types of phones may open up a whole new world of functionality.
- The newest phones don’t always need a protective case. Designers of smartphones usually integrate a material that’s hard like Kevlar or carbon fiber in the frame during the manufacturing process. While cases help protect your phone, they can make it more difficult to conveniently use it. Think about the type of phone you are now using, consider your options, and make your decision.
- Remember that the camera on your phone does not use optical zooming. If you desire to have a shot up close, you need to get closer to your target. There are extraneous lenses you can purchase that will enable your smartphone’s camera to zoom.
To make your cell phone’s charge last longer, don’t leave your phone on vibrate. There are certain places where you just don’t want your phone going off. If you’re going to be somewhere where you don’t want your phone heard, consider turning the ring volume on low. Leaving the phone on vibrate uses up a significant amount of battery power. As mentioned earlier, many cell phones now do far more than just making phone calls. You can browse the Web, click pictures and take your favorite tunes with you wherever you want, depending on your make and model. To get the most from your cell phone, use the ideas presented within this article. Wondering How To Get The Most Out Of Your Cell Phone? Try These Tips!